Popular Posts

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Victoria, BC

I got into Victoria last night, after walking from Duncan to Mill Bay.  From Mill Bay I took the ferry across to Victoria and walked into town.  It was a long day.

I called my Dad up on Fathers Day, and he said that he's having a big family reunion over the weekend of July 7th and that he'd really like it if I'd come.  So on Friday, June 22nd, I'll take the Clipper Ferry from Victoria, BC down to Seattle; then 2 hrs later I'll take the Amtrak train down to Albany, Oregon, where my Mom lives.  I'll be at her house by midnight.  I'll probably stay put there for a few weeks.  After that, I don't know if I'll come back up to Washington to walk down, or just keep walking south from my Moms.  One thing I do know for sure, is that I'll be downsizing all my gear A LOT.  Much of it is winter gear, and survival gear.  Now that I'm back in civilization, I'll just take a few things in a backpack and not use the cart at all.  I'm looking forward to that part.


















So for today I'm a tourist in Victoria.  Tomorrow I'll be a traveller, and tomorrow night I'll be a daughter.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment