Popular Posts

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Juneau, AK

Kriss and I enjoyed our last day together in Juneau, AK.  We checked out the shops, and did a bit of sight-seeing, such as touring the State Capitol, going to the City Museum, checking out the governors mansion, and riding the tram up to the top of the mountain.  Of course, the worst part was saying goodbye. 

The next morning, we got up super early -- 4:30am -- to get me to the ferry terminal to catch a ferry to Gustavus.  When we got there, the guy behind the counter said I was plenty early, and that my ticket to Gustavus didn't leave until thursday -- 2 days away!  Like a dummy, I hadn't paid attention to the date and just assumed that we were both leaving on different ferries on the same day!  Kriss and I gave each other a you-gotta-be-kidding-me look, and went out for breakfast.  Her ferry didn't leave until noon, so we had PLENTY of time to get her back to the terminal for her ferry ride to Whittier!  And, like I said earlier, saying good bye was really very hard.  We had a great time traveling together, and I'll miss her a lot.

Here are a few pictures of Juneau, AK:





No comments:

Post a Comment