Popular Posts

Friday, April 20, 2012

Two More Weeks of Employment

Yesterday and today I went to the clinic to have some blood work done.  I want a page with all my numbers and "levels" on it, so that I can use that as a base where I'm starting from.  Then, in another year, I can get another physical and compare those results with this one.  Hopefully the next one will be somewhat of an improvement.  Actually, the only number that was a little bit high was my cholesterol.  It was 220.

We looked over all the immunizations I've had recently, and decided that I should probably get a malaria shot, a rabies vaccine, a shot for yellow fever and possibly a typhoid shot.  I asked him for a prescription for Ibuprofen 800, Allegra D, and a zpack.  He gave me that, plus an Epi-pen.  I'll probably hold off on those other shots until I get to northern California.

I decided to walk the 2 miles to the clinic with my loaded-up cart this morning.  The walk went well.  I started out by first hooking it up to the harness I had built for me and the cart.  It went well enough, but there's a definite sway, or rhythm to pulling the cart behind me.  On the way back from the clinic, I just pushed the cart in front of me.  That seemed quite a bit easier, and more comfortable.  I'm glad to know, though, that I can haul the cart either way.  The cart was mostly loaded up, with only a few items missing.  I still need to pack up my sleeping pad, some butt-wipes, and some jugs of water.  Otherwise, I think I had everything today on the "trial run."

The weather has been nice, and I'm looking forward to getting back on the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment